Spring will be here before you know it, March 20th in fact, so why not treat yourself to the Rembrandt Special Effects Watercolor Set now and be ready for the first signs of spring?
Rembrandt Special Effects Watercolor Set
This eclectic set contains 12 Rembrandt Professional Watercolor pans from their special effects range – interference colors, chameleon colors, and spark colors – and a size 4 round red sable travel brush in a metal case.
“Rembrandt watercolours are made in Holland of only the best materials. This professional-quality colour range is made from the purest pigments and purest quality gum arabic for brilliant and constant colours. The metal tin has hinged lids to use for mixing wells.”
The Rembrandt Special Effects Set includes the following colors:
- Interference White (843)
- Interference Blue (846)
- Interference Violet (847)
- Interference Green (848)
- Chameleon Gold/Red/Violet (860)
- Chameleon Red/Violet/Blue (861)
- Chameleon Violet/Blue/Green (862)
- Chameleon Blue/Green/Gold (863)
- Spark Green (864)
- Spark Blue (865)
- Spark Violet (866)
- Spark Pink (867)
- Interference colors have a uniform glow that is comparable to mother-of-pearl.
- Chameleon colors change with your viewing position or the angle of light.
- Spark colors shine with a variety of different-sized, reflective pigment particles.
“Created using choice pigments, Rembrandt Watercolor Sets are triple-ground to a superfine consistency to produce maximum color clarity and uniform washes even when highly diluted. Every pigment used in the manufacture of Rembrandt watercolors possesses unique properties that allow watercolorists to create subtle nuances of color. The colors are brilliant, highly permanent, and lightfast.”
Rembrandt Special Effects Watercolor Set Color Chart
Note: swatches in the color chart are on black paper.
A selection of the colors swatched on white paper:
All colors in the set have the highest lightfastness rating of +++ (100+ years under museum conditions).